Björn Fix about my lecture at FotoCon:
Dana Diezemann gave an insight into 30 years of digital photography and an outlook on future technologies. She is a specialist in complicated matters, which she explains in her unique way and packs knowledge of four hours into a lecture of 60 minutes. There is no boredom because she knows how to make a dust-dry topic understandable to the participants with humorous comments and simple diagrams.
01/2020 – 07/2020 | Senior Strategical Product Manager | Smart Embedded Sensor SystemsISRA VISION AG, D-64297 DarmstadtPhotonfocus AG, CH-8853 Lachen
01/2018 – 12/2019 | Senior Vision Consultant(Independent Consultant for Camera Technology and Image Sensors)Dana Diezemann Camera Consulting, 74232 Abstatt
I build bridges. Between sensor manufacturers and customers. Since January 2018 I am working freelance as a Senior Vision Consultant for manufacturers of automotive, consumer and industrial cameras as well as providers of CMOS image sensors. I bring with passion my wide expertise in the planning, qualification and marketing of products.
Today I test and qualify CMOS image sensors and cameras. Communicate between manufacturers and customers. Support the technical definition, provide training and advice. Recently I am a member of the IEEE P2020 Working Group for the camera quality standard in the automotive sector.
Over the past 30 years, I have been very successful in bringing my experience to the three leading providers of industrial cameras in hardware development, support and product management. In more than 350 held training courses, lectures and coaching sessions, I have inspired many people, taught me a lot of specialist knowledge and got enthusiastic about camera technology.
SensorsEvaluation, qualification and testing of CMOS image sensors, prototypes, cameras, demokits and evaluation boards. I give qualified feedback und advise in the context of market trends and global requirements.
CustomersI talk to customers about their needs. Especially with sensors, custom sensors or generic sensor platforms or variations of a particular product. In terms of pixel design, features, functionality: Also housing and electrical interface. Further assistance in the evaluation, design in phase and qualification.
KnowledgeI offer training, meetings, workshops. For customers and manufacturers. On site.
WrittenWriting or reviewing specifications, roadmaps, documentation, reports, web pages, marketing papers, application notes, white papers.
SupportGiving 3rd level support to end customers / OEM / Tier1 companies.
MarketsMachine vision, automation, sensing, ITS, automotive, robotics, scientific, medical, surveillance.
06/2011 – 12/2017 | Senior Vision Consultant(Product Manager Camera Technology and Image Sensors)IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, 74182 Obersulm, Germany
• Consulting on strategic issues of the camera product portfolio to product management / marketing / general management• Product Responsibility for image sensors and features of industrial cameras• Definition of product characteristics and requirements• Technical specifications and advice for development in the implementation and qualification of the camera features• Presentations to customers and for obtaining recruits from universities• Exclusively responsible for all internal and external trainings• Roadshows in Europe and worldwide summits
11/2004 – 06/2011 | Senior Product Manager (Industrial Cameras)IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, 74182 Obersulm, Germany
• Responsible for the entire camera portfolio• Implementation of customer requirements and market trends• Creation of roadmaps and specifications• Technical definition of scalable platforms• Intensive professional support of the development of the implementation• Exclusively responsible for the qualified selection of the image sensors• Knowledge transfer for sales and support, roadshows
01/2003 – 10/2004 | Senior Support Engineer (Industrial Cameras)AVT Allied Vision Technologies, 07646 Stadtroda, Germany
• Technical support of FireWire industrial cameras• Assisting customers to select the right camera for their needs• Creating trade show demo systems and supporting their worldwide use
10/1998 – 12/2002 | Senior Hardware Developer (Industrial Cameras, Interfaces and Frame Grabber)Basler AG, 22926 Ahrensburg, Germany
• Independent Developing of PC framegrabbers and camera interface boards• Component selection, schematics, layout• FPGA programming for image capture and processing• Product qualification and maintenance
10/1986 – 06/1996 | Managing DirectorVideotechnik Diezemann, 24103 Kiel, Germany
• Design, development, production and sales of different PC framegabbers• Component selection, schematics, layout• Programming of the image processing software• Product qualification and maintenance• Marketing, trade shows, publications
Further information can be found in my references chapter!